Monday, May 4, 2009

PEACE to Hiroshima

I should have posted my Hiroshima trip days ago since i'm already back for a week.
but having a sore throat gave me the blues. However , I'm fine now and working hard$$ everyday.

So here comes HIroshima.
Away from Osaka to Hiroshima, which marks the beginning of Golden Week in Japan
and although Japan is still trying to recover from the economy crisis,
people going to overseas have raised this year because of a drop in fuel surcharge.



***************

on a bright sunny Friday, off we went in Shinkansen.


as it was a 3hr ride, we had lunch in the train.
they call it 'eki ben' in Japanese, which means lunch box that is only sold in train station.
there were a huge variety to choose from and I was definitely having a hard time doing so.




getting a feel of the real thing^^


first destination of the day in HIroshima: Miyajima
which is famous for the temple and the red door?, i dont't know what you call it
, which is waht you are seeing right now,


A closer look of it. btw, tourist were every where includin us but what I meant was blonde, brunetts etc...><


stopping by some gift shops



samurai wannabe 1#


samurai wannabe 2#


And this is the famous spot on the island:
Itsukushima Shrine


with beautiful structure




and me getting a taste of orange ice-cream which tasted nothing special
and i still prefer the original one.


and them having huge size rice cake in soy sauce with peanuts sprinkle on it



sure looks like the deer likes it.


p-chan having her hand clean up in tea for after the deer as they were kinda of dirty and
most of at, Joanne insisted her of doing so ^^


camwhore time on the ferry.




anyone have a clue what is it? Is Whale meat which is very rare nowdays even in Japan.



me enjoying my second round of bento on the back to Osaka




the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park





the origami made bystudents around world which represent peace




what was left after the bombing on Aug 5 1945


Quiz: who is more stunning? the rose or the girl?
to me, definitely the later one .
she is pretty not only from the outside, on the inside too

we even had a slumber party in the hotel with all the gossip and girls talk is definitely a must




the famous Momiji Manju, or should I say cakes in the shape of maple leaves.


I tried on one with cheese in it and it was definitely the best ever I keep craving for more ><








candid shot for the day.
I have not idea what were trying to do, or not to do.







I just felt like P-chan always had a special connection with animals, especially deers.
And they seem to like her too ^^





this armor was in the hotel that we were staying, not any museum.


Last but not least, a group photo of us to end this post ><






2 comments:

kitarei said...

hahahhahaa...great post

ex-gifu ppl said...

finally..u updated ur blog~

bring me go hiroshima when i go japan again..

p/s: p-chan n her skirt..really shocked me..hahahaha...